Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My poor friend me

Just watched the latest news from the wonderful capital of Sweden, Stockholm, and the local amusement park. It seems that they pay their underage workers a salary of (only) something around 8000/month and a representative for the union is up in flames about it. I'm more concerned that someone studying full time gets an allowance of 2500 or so and is allowed to borrow somewhere around 4500 more, making the total something like 7000.
A kid, yes a kid, someone under the age of 18, would make more working at an amusement park than anyone studying at university level does. It scares me, it truly scares me that we accept it. Students in Sweden live below the level of poverty if my memory serves me.. but who knows, I might be wrong.

But on the other hand, I have few problems with my economy, I have a cheap appartment and generous parents. Until next time, cheers / Curious Monkey
(Yes I watched curious George yesterday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home